There are so many uses of the word trade or trades:
- the rag trade meaning the clothing industry
- terms of trade as in the ratio of the prices a country pays for its imports to the prices it receives for its exports
- 'vast crude finds excite oil trade' - presumably all the people involved; drillers, venture capitalists, oil companies etc.
- international trade - the selling and buying of goods across national borders
- trades - used on the stock exchange
- a trade as in bricklaying
- trade wind - one of the prevailing winds which facilitated the passage of ships carrying goods for trading.
Just thought I would share with you some of my random thoughts...